You now know that your website should be your best employee. Unfortunately, even highly skilled, motivated workers can’t get very far without the right tools for the job. (A web design company can’t get very far without computers, for example.)
Below are some of the best productivity tools to make your website work harder for your business. These are must-haves if you are serious about your online marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – If your website can’t be easily found in the search engines by those people who are looking for the products or services that you offer, a beautiful design or fancy animation won’t get you far. SEO is an extremely complex task, which includes anything from on-page optimization to link building to coding issues. A competent SEO provider will provide a comprehensive SEO assessment and will provide recommendations for how to improve your search engine rankings.
- Persuasive Copy – Professional copywriting for a business website is no longer an option. After all, site visitors are probably not coming to your website to look at your logo or a bunch of stock photos. People come to your website because they need something, whether it’s an answer to a question, information about your services, or to make a purchase. Your web copy must be relevant to their needs and compelling enough to keep them on your website.
- Call to Action (CTA) – Every page on your website should include next steps for the visitor that will strengthen their connection to your company. This may be a phone number, a lead form, or a link to another page on the website. You don’t want them to get to the end of your article and click the back button to check out the next link in the search engines results pages. Keeping them engaged with your company is a key factor in converting them from a casual website browser to a satisfied customer.
- Lead Conversion Form – Most companies will benefit greatly by capturing sales leads through their website. This can be done through a lead form, a newsletter sign-up form, a webinar sign-up form, a free ebook download, etc.
- Social Media Integration – Make it easy for site visitors to share your website content with others. The simplest way to do this is to include social media sharing links at the top or bottom of your content. Make your content compelling enough, and website visitors will be eager to share it with their Twitter followers, Facebook fans, Google Plus circles, etc. Furthermore, the resulting incoming links will improve SEO.
Need help with productivity tools for your website? At Paramaya Web Consulting, we make websites that work as hard as you do. Learn more about our web consulting services.