“31% of current cell internet users say that they mostly go online using their cell phone, and not using some other device such as a desktop or laptop computer. That works out to 17% of all adult cell owners who are ‘cell-mostly internet users’—that is, who use their phone for most of their online browsing.” http://pewinternet.org/Commentary/2012/February/Pew-Internet-Mobile.aspx
So, there’s a pretty good chance that lots of folks are checking out your website on their mobile phone or tablet. If that’s the case, you want to double check to make sure your website is user-friendly on a mobile device.
Check Your Analytics Account
Google Analytics makes it simple to find out how many people are visiting your website using a mobile device and which mobile device they are using.
- Log in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click on the Analytics profile you want to view. Usually, this is set up as your business name or website address. (By default, Google Analytics shows data for the last 30 days, but this can be changed to any date range.)
- On the left panel, click down to “Audience” > “Mobile” > “Devices”.
- Now look at the % of Total under the number of Visits. (See where the green arrow is pointing below – 34.32% in this image)
As you can see from this example, over a third of visits to this website were made using a mobile device.
- These visits could be on any type of cell phone or tablet, so it’s a good idea to look at the breakdown of which mobile devices are being used.
Not surprisingly, over half of mobile visitors to this website are using the iPhone or the iPad.
Check your own stats to see the breakdown of mobile visitors to your website!
Is Your Website Optimized for Mobile?
Surprised by the number of people viewing your website on their mobile device? You might be even more surprised to find out that you’re losing customers because they can’t navigate your website easily using their smartphone or tablet. Give us a call at 678-824-5560 or use our contact form to schedule a time to discuss how to optimize your website for mobile browsing.